Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Handmade inspiration

Don't know about you but there are days that nothing can inspire me.  No matter how long I sit behind the computer to find that one thing I'm looking for without knowing what the thing is. Other days I just enter an inspiration party.

Just a few days ago I entered an inspiration party. I was totally blown away by the photographs, the videos and the written content. All fitted perfect together, in my opinion, and so I had to share. I shared it on FB, made a copy of some interviews and took them with me to a tea-date, sent it in numerous mails and now it is time to share it with you. Why? Because it is just FANTASTIC!

(Grain & Gram, The New Gentleman's Journal)

The name of the blog is Grain & Gram. It is not a traditional blog, it only updates every few months but that's totally fine by me. It is just about working with your hands, perfect in my opinion. The people who are interviewed are only men but hé I don't discriminate so my thumb is still up.

 (Grain & Gram, The New Gentleman's Journal)

Besides all of this yummy stuff I also found this video about a knifemaker which is a really nice addition to the tons you can already explore.


Time to leave you alone and give you time drool, read, think, making notes for your own projects or whatever. Wouldn't it be awesome to have something like this strictly for Ladies?

Elizabeth

4 comments:

Zuzana said...

So, my dear, you are always full of surprises. I keep wondering exactly WHY you think this is all so yummy, as it is not exactly clear from your post - can you enlighten us? Of course it does show some original people and gorgeous stuff.;))
I hope you will have a lovely holiday getaway, I feel better already, just have to go through the motions and get ready for the role-coaster of the next 4 months. Oh, actually now only 3 months and 3 weeks.;)
xoxo

lheurebleue said...

geweldig! dank voor de link! stuur ik meteen door naar mijn creatieve, verre zoon!

karen said...

well perhaps this could be a new project for you!

Anneli/Bockfilz said...

Cool craftsmen - and yes, it would indeed be awesome to see something similar with craftswomen - of which there surely must be a lot out there!