Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Something old, something new, nothing borrowed but still blue (7)

Although the larger part of my denim project is finished I still feel the need to extend this project with some smaller items. At the local thriftstore I found a pair of jeans that made me think of an apron for a chef in the week before our holiday.


What is so special about this pair of jeans is that it has four very large pockets and it has gorgeous shades of blue.


While sitting in the sun unseaming I thought of the challenge to make this item out of one pair of denims. And since I almost finished the apron I can tell you that I succeeded in doing that, almost.

Time to start stitching the final part.

Enjoy your wednesday.

6 comments:

karen said...

I can't wait to see it.....are your fingers sore? I wonder about that as denim is so thick...look after your fingers, they are precious things.

Anneli/Bockfilz said...

Oh - sitting in the sun, unseaming! I'm glad the rain is gone and you can sit outside again!

Looking forward to seeing your apron!

Regarding large jeans pockets - what about sewing a pair of (guest)slippers out of them :-) - saw that in a book I bought in Stockholm!

Haddock said...

That open pocket shows how much the cloth has faded, but then faded jeans are the in thing :-)

Mike Perry said...

I like the sitting in the sun bit - I'm pretty efficient in that direction.

My wife though is a dress maker and designer and seems to keep all sorts of materials - just in case they may come in useful. The denim apron would appeal to her 'waste not want not' philosophy.

lheurebleue said...

je hebt echt een jeanstic! maar een tic met mooie resultaten ...

Clare Wassermann said...

I've just discovered your blog. I like your use of recycling. I could've sworn you were English. I was very surprised that you live in Denmark. Anyway I will keep following you and enjoying your work.