Monday, April 23, 2012

Monday's music


Just over a week ago I came across the quote: "The people who want to stay in your life will always find a way." While pondering about this, the quote on the card, which I made for the serie Making one to see, popped into my head. I shared this at flickr and Anneli gave me a song as a reaction. A great song performed by an amazing group of singers and therefore this is the song to start the week off right.



You with the sad eyes
Don't be discouraged
Oh I realize
Its hard to take courage
In a world full of people
You can lose sight of it all
And the darkness inside you
Can make you feel so small

But I see your true colors
Shining through
I see your true colors
And that's why I love you
So don't be afraid to let them show
Your true colors
True colors are beautiful,
Like a rainbow

Show me a smile then,
Don't be unhappy, can't remember
When I last saw you laughing
If this world makes you crazy
And you've taken all you can bear
You call me up
Because you know I'll be there

And I'll see your true colors
Shining through
I see your true colors
And that's why I love you
So don't be afraid to let them show
Your true colors
True colors are beautiful,
Like a rainbow

While working in the garden during the weekend I remembered a scene from the movie Good Will Hunting, which in my eyes is just a perfect addition to this story. The quote from this movie is: "You are not perfect Sport and let me save you the suspense. This girl you met, she isn't either. But the question is: Whether or not you are perfect together. (1.53 til 2.04)

So in this world in which we all strive to be as perfect as we can, it is more than allright not to be perfect because you will be loved if you just show your true colors.

Have a great start of your week.

Elizabeth