Tuesday, March 20, 2012

A thriftstore find


The other day I was at the thriftstore, something I do a lot these days to find some interesting pair of denims, and there I found this. An unfinished tablecloth, it was embroidered so beautifully and it felt wrong to be discarded just like that. The woman of the store asked: Do you want to finish it? Nope but it could very well become an embellishment for a jeans pillow.

And so I bought it, washed it and last night I started to make another pillow since I can't work on my big quilt during the evening.


The large folded denim quilt will be ready very soon and than I can finally show you how big and beautiful it has become.

Enjoy your day.

Elizabeth

4 comments:

Maggi said...

That is such beautiful embroidery. I am glad that you rescued it.

Anneli/Bockfilz said...

This embroidery got itself a very good new home - I'm looking forward to see it come to new life in your hands!

lheurebleue said...

wat een vondst!

karen said...

beautiful...you lucky person!!