Thursday, March 22, 2012

Roads


Last tuesday I told you about the thriftstore find, which I rescued during the weekend. While I was looking at the embroidery it looked like roads that cross. to me. A pair of jeans with two large seams came to mind, perfect to symbolish roads especially together with the embroidery.

Somehow the serie of Something old, something new, nothing borrowed but still blue reminds me of Soul Food. Do you feel the same?

Have a splendid day of spring, the sun is shining!

Elizabeth

3 comments:

Anneli/Bockfilz said...

The pillow looks great, Elizabeth! I very much like the little lacy, yet 'sturdy' kind of white embroidery piece in combination with the blue jeans.

Soul jeans, you mean? Well, both are/were long term projects where you put not only a lot of work, but also your thoughts and love into it, very personal, very YOU. I love your way of really LIVING with your projects for a long time, Elizabeth!

lheurebleue said...

heel mooi lijnenspel!
het zachte maar strenge (rechte lijnen) van het borduurwerk past heel goed bij het stoere van de jeans.

karen said...

this is such a gorgeous collage of images....