Monday, February 20, 2012

Monday's music

Just a few days each year I wished I lived in my hometown again. Why? Because of the best party of the year, carnaval. Many years I have danced all night long and 'sang' until my voice totally disappeared. So many memories. Friends old and new ones. Food, the breakfast special was pommes frites with spicy peanutbutter-sauce and double mayo, yes this is totally delicous! But most of all music, the kind I only listened during the three days of carnval. As you can imagine after that I was totally exhausted afterwards!!!!

Therefore I have some dutch music for you today.



The lyrics of this song are about a horse in the hallway.



This song is about ordering drinks and getting drunk.
Not a carnaval video but I assure this song is very popular.




The lyrics are more or less on getting a partner for the night.



And dancing ofcourse, . 

Sillyness, drinking, flirting and dancing are the four pillars for Carnaval!!!!

Have to tell you this story. The first time I lived in Denmark I was invited to a fastelavns party. They told me it was the danish version of carnaval. The party started and everyone sat down on a long table and there was some music but no one danced! All of a sudden this song was played. I jumped up, took my friend with me and learned him this dance. He was totally embarrassed but I didn't leave it alone. Oh no. I kept asking for this song and I got what I wanted!!!!






Have a great start of your monday and enjoy Carnaval.

Elizabeth

2 comments:

Anneli/Bockfilz said...

Ahum - well - 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder' - I guess it's always one's own memories which makes some songs so special ...

Happy carneval, dear Elizabeth!

lheurebleue said...

ik ben helemaal niet dol op carnaval!