Friday, February 10, 2012

Celebrating my love for blue

(click on image to enlarge it)


So far nine pairs of jeans have been separated. A number of you are already worried about my fingers, husband questions my sanity all because it takes long hours to separate the jeans. I also could cut them up and have it done in no time. Today I want to show you why separating is soooo much better than anything else. In the collage you can see some legs which are already sewed together. Later on these long pieces will be weaved into a quilt. 

Hope I have convinced you if not than that is too bad since I will not discard of all this beauty to avoid some bruised fingers or the time that disappears into thin air. This is what makes me jump out of bed, this is what makes me smile and let my heart jump a little faster time after time. 

Have a fabulous weekend.

Elizabeth 

6 comments:

karen said...

I love the seams in this image......

Maggi said...

The patterns that the unpicked seams create are wonderful. Definitely worth the effort.

Anneli/Bockfilz said...

Yes, of course you are right, dear Elizabeth - it's the beauty that counts, not how fast a thing was made ...

The absolute proof of this is that feeling you have when you jump out of bed, smiling in anticipation of the new day's work! Enjoy!

lheurebleue said...

deze mooie collage belooft al veel!

Zuzana said...

I was so sure I commented this but I guess I did not, how strange;))
I hope you are still enjoying this project of yours and have a great new weekend.;))
xoxo

tangled stitch said...

Lovely! Just lovely!