Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Can you hear my heartsong?

(Click on the image to enlarge)

The rounding up needs to be done while sitting on the floor. All these pieces of jeans together are way too heavy to sit comfortable at my table. The consequence is that I can only sew during the day, during my evening hours I still unseam jeans for the borders. The picture in the centre is my view when I look up, it makes my heart sing of joy especially when the sun turns up during the greyness of February.

Still there is one problem that I haven't solved and that is the backing. I was thinking to find myself some large pieces of flanel but so far no such luck. Therefore I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a little flannel miracle.

Have a fabulous day with all that you enjoy.

Elizabeth

5 comments:

Anneli/Bockfilz said...

Nice, nice, nice!

Elizabeth, I don't know if you read my answer on your comment to my last posting - anyway, the best way to get hold of flannel is either to look out for baby blankets at the thrift shop, or look out for sales at shops which sell bed linen. This weekend I bought flannel bed sheets at the winter sale to a very reasonable price.

Don't forget to wash the cotton flannel if it's new - it tends to shrink quite a bit!

karen said...

or maybe wool? would that be too heavy? and the previous comment is a good one...patched baby blankets?

karen said...

and it's a beautiful view you have.....

Zuzana said...

I am thinking it must be really hard to sew through the hard fabric of jeans.;) Looks great though.;)
xoxo

lheurebleue said...

spannend avontuur is het toch!