Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Something old, something new, nothing borrowed but still blue


You all remember the picture from the Artists' handmade houses, right?!? This picture and the fact that I have two boys around who love to give me some old, worn out jeans means a new project is born. Today the first pictures.




In case you are wondering about the title. Something old, the jeans without a doubt. Something new, the red thread ofcourse. Nothing borrowed since me and taking measurements is not a match made in heaven so I didn't cut squares and sewed them together, I just went on a weaving-trip. The blue, needs no explaination since Blue and me are old friends.

Hope you are having just as much fun as I have since I'm not fighting the moonlight.

See you.

Elizabeth

6 comments:

Anneli/Bockfilz said...

Hey, this looks absolutely fabulous, Elizabeth!

The red thread looks very, very good to that blue denim - and the weaving is such a good idea, in many respects really much better than the usual sewn patchwork method!

Great job!

Zuzana said...

Dear Elizabeth, that quilt is simply gorgeous.;) You did well and I love the title.;))
xoxo

karen said...

I loved this as soon as I saw it on flickr.....

Maggi said...

The red thread looks fantastic against the denim.

lheurebleue said...

heel mooi, ik wil ook al lange tijd iets maken met oude jeans.
maar met dit titel zou je dit eigenlijk als huwelijkskquilt moeten maken

julochka said...

wonderful and i think weaving is just fine! and you might not like to hear it, but it reminds me a little bit of jude hill (but i mean that as a high compliment, as i love her work!). :-)

xox,
/j