Thursday, December 15, 2011

Richard Plantagenet (7)


The last entry in this serie was the making of this medallion and here you can see the result on the black velvet.


Richard motto was Loyaulte me lie which means Loyalty binds me. Throughout the book one can read on how important loyalty is to him. This quality made him who he was but also brought his downfall. He was fiercely loyal and expected that also from his allies and so he was betrayed and paid with his life for it. Loyalty is something I highly value too and this book made me realize that I never questioned my loyalty to others. It is given freely with all my heart despite the fact that it brought a lot of sadness and pain of disappointment in my life. Oh well, maybe I will learn one day to question my loyalty and make wiser decisions in that department. For now I have a beautiful page for a book about a special man.

Have a beautiful day.

Elizabeth

6 comments:

Zuzana said...

I so understand this post, it just shows what a beautiful mind you have Never change.;)
xoxo

Maggi said...

Don't ever question your loyalty, i is a quality that we should all strive for. The medallion looks great on the black velvet. I picked up my book this morning and started reading. I am not disappointed so far.

karen said...

I am hoping that you don't have any lingering sadness over this.....and the addition of the black velvet background is stunning....

Sue said...

Love your blog, which I only recently found. If you look back to December 2010, I have left a comment about your Edith John book - with some information about the author........

Anneli/Bockfilz said...

I just love your very personal work and comments about it, dear Elizabeth!

And regarding loyalty: being an upright person means meeting conflicts, also being hurt and disappointed ... but what would the alternative be?

lheurebleue said...

ontroerend hoe die R een hand lijkt te geven aan de A.
mooie letter heb je gekozen voor de lijfspreuk. en loyaliteit is zo belangrijk - ook loyaliteit ten opzichte van jezelf!