Saturday, December 10, 2011

Richard Plantagenet (6)

Now don't think that I just have been drooling over other people's work, I also have been doing my bit. The book for Richard Plantagenet isn't ready yet.


In the book Richard gives his beloved Anne a finely engraved silver medallion. Richard and Anne meet each other as kids, later on they become husband and wife, very romantic story.


As you know I'm no silversmith but I wanted this very important piece of his life into the book. Luckily Anneli came to the rescue with her viking helmet and the way she made it.  Although I realize that this crude symbol for their love doesn't come close to whatever the original was, still I hope you can appreciate the way went about it.


My personal connection with this book is that my first boyfriend and my two favorite musicians wear the name Richard and co-incidently my second name is Anna. Another strange accidence is that after I met Richard at the tender age of five and making a very deep impression, I never met another Richard again despite the fact that it is a very common name.


Let you in on a little secret. There is already one person who ordered the book at the library and I hope she also takes the challenge to make her own creative version of it. I keep my fingers cross!!!!

Enjoy the weekend ahead.

Elizabeth

5 comments:

Anneli/Bockfilz said...

Yey, welcome to the metal club!

Oh yes, it's fun to incorporate odd items and materials into the stitching ... yours being very personal, as always!

Looking forward to how your work with this book proceeds!

Zuzana said...

Lovely post my dear revealing a bit of your inner self, and I love when you do that.;) Hope another Richard is waiting to be met.;)
xoxo

lheurebleue said...

een bijzonder medaillon met een bijzonder verhaal!

karen said...

my daughters partner is Richard......stitching on metal? very innovative...

Maggi said...

An interesting coincidence. Love the use of the metal. I heard today that the book has arrived at the library so will be going to pick it up tomorrow