Friday, December 9, 2011

Artists' handmade houses


In the book you can see 13 different houses of mostly male artists and this is very obvious I have to say. Cement, tiles, stones and wood are available in abundance but textile was scarcely present. But the picture above took my eye, I really like this quilt blanket made of old jeans pieces.



These stairs are taken me to a new height.


And ofcourse this kitchenware is stunning, too bad they used screws to hang them instead of wooden pins. I really would have liked that extra little detail, I'm getting picky!

No matter what I hope you enjoyed this mini-serie of pictures of this interesting book of these two gentlemen. Think I want to order another one from the library.

Elizabeth

3 comments:

Anneli/Bockfilz said...

Oh, these staircases are fantastic! And I can see exactly what you mean with 'male' interior taste ... you're right, the screws do not fit in at all!

So it's two of us being tasty, isn't it?

karen said...

I also love that quilt but the stairs look quite scary!

Zuzana said...

Love those stairs, how unusual.;))
xoxo