Thursday, November 24, 2011

Richard Plantagenet


This new project isn't really new anymore since I started it during early spring of this year. Why did I take so long to share it with all of you? I had just too much fun with the preparations. The start of this endeavor started by reading the historical novel of Sharon Kay Penman called The Sunne in Splendour. The name Richard Plantagenet probably doesn't ring a bell in your head unless you are familiar with the mediaeval history of the England. And yes I admit I got a little bit carried away as you can see in the picture! (and I read the novel 3 times, oops)



Most of you already know that history is one of my weakspots and Richard Plantagenet gave me another chance to use the techniques in one of my favorite books of Jan Messent. Furthermore was there an enormous challenge since I forced myself to work with totally different materials. This meant visiting shops, a lot of them, until I found what I wanted to have for my book about the life of King Richard III of England.




This sounds all very promising I know but today I have just a piece of felt for you with a R, stitched in an open chainstitch.This piece of felt symbolises the blanket Richard left behind when he had to fled England as a child.


Have no idea how long this journey will last since I am still not finished! Maybe I should start finding a good excuse for all my procrastinating.

Enjoy your day.

Elizabeth

5 comments:

Zuzana said...

As your friend I know how important these books are to you and the whole meaning behind Richard.;))
I admire that you can get so hooked up on something and devote your time to it with such a passion.;))
Have a grand day dear Elizabeth,
xoxo

Anneli/Bockfilz said...

Wow, well if this isn't a worthy project ...!

Even if you only show us a piece of felt today, I'm very much impressed by your project planning and the inspiration behind, dear Elizabeth!

Just keep on at your own pace and remember to have lots of fun - you make the rules!

Maggi said...

What a great subject. You must have found a wealth of ideas to explore.

karen said...

so you are inspire3d by my King....I look forward to seeing what you create.

lheurebleue said...

spannend!