Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Richard Plantagenet (3)

The historical novel of Sharon Kay Penman starts more or less with Richard as a child and a fox.
Therefore I decided that there had to be a fox in the book. Oh boy was I in trouble! (Never embroidered any animal before.)


So what did I do? Googled, found the picture above, printed it and the fun could start! Sound straight forward and easy enough and therefore I will not tell you how many hours I have been contemplating and working on the cute fox below.


Keeping my fingers crossed that you can see that it is a fox! Used three different shades of brown of which I took one thread and bundled the three colours together. The stitch is ofcourse the Bayeux-stitch in a variation of my own since I used a fly-stitch to finish it. The eyes and nose is a French knot and a running stitch. The white stitches are also fly-stitches.

This is all for today. Have fun and I'll see you soon.

Elizabeth

5 comments:

julochka said...

your fox is amazing!! such wonderful texture you got with the bayeux stitches!! a very foxy fox!

xox,
/j

lheurebleue said...

en of ik kan zien dat het een vos is. en zo mooi geborduurd - het kan zo op een oud wandtapijt!

karen said...

fabulous fox!!!

Zuzana said...

I think it looks like a lovely fox.;)) Hope you had a great day too dear Elizabeth,
xoxo

Anneli/Bockfilz said...

This is a fantastic fox! I think you catched it very well - and using a variation on the Bayeux-stitch is very smart of you!