Friday, November 25, 2011

Richard Plantagenet (2)


Today in part two I show you the start of two pages. The picture above is a page from the book of Jan Messent, which gave me the idea on how to portray clothes.


In the sampler is inspired by the tablet weaving. The stitches I used are: running stitch variations, backstitch variations, Pekinese backstitch and chain stitch. The last one is called a sneglesting in Danish and is a variation of the Coral stitch. If you happen to know the English name for this one, please share this with me.


Since this is a book about the life of a king it needs also to have so special materials, which are king-worthy. First I drew and cut two of these strings of paper and folded them together to see if it could work.


And as I told you before I have been on the look out for special materials and found the next items on a craftmarket. Cutted two strings and folded them together. In my imagination this could be a braid on a special garment.


That's all for today. Enjoy yourself during the weekend and I'll see you soon.

Elizabeth

7 comments:

Anneli/Bockfilz said...

Oh, now I'm getting really impressed!

I just love to see these special stitches and materials - what kind of fur is it: goat? reindeer? - and the clever braid you made! Very exciting!

antArtiste said...

i like it... i am thinking to try with other materials, cause i dont have any fur.. thanks

Maggi said...

This I am really enjoying.

karen said...

I love your paper playing for your book....fascinating.

Zuzana said...

I really like this, I sure woudl wear clothes with such an embroidery or a beaded detail.;))
Sorry for my late visit, I used to blog on weekends, these days I spend it with my family.;))
xoxo

julochka said...

oh, i love the furry leather! but i'm in love with leather at the moment. fabulous!

lheurebleue said...

ik lees je blogberichten van oud naar nieuw en geniet bij elk tipje van de sluier dat wordt opgelicht ;)