Monday, November 21, 2011

Monday's music

Time for another Monday's music after a week of silence on my part. Unfortunately I can't write about something very special, exciting or wildly fantastic that happend since I was just sick. Trying to take it easy so my pneumonia would leave asap. Which is frankly impossible task with two kids running around and husband in Barcelona but now that I'm on the mend and it is time for some music.
After my last monday-post I wrote a lovely list with all kinds of songs and memories. This is what I call planning ahead and therefore today I discard the list and give you a song which I only found a week ago. No better logic than mine when it comes to lists and planning!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_yXwapy0zMr8/S7MJzSUuU6I/AAAAAAAAAbA/LBhWmAkzq1Q/s1600/smiley-face.jpg

Now some of you know that I really like to read the lyrics of new finds. One small problem in the whole blogosphere I couldn't find the lyrics of my new favorite!!!! That is a sure sign for me to get to work.

Don't count me out just yet
That's never been a good bet
Just when you think I'm gone
That's when I come back strong
I have learned how to survive
to bite the wind of change and stay alive
I keep my feet on sunny ground
and like some relentless summer I keep coming back around.

Don't you wander
if you can't depend on me
'cause I am surer than any bet you see
I come out stronger and I come out wiser
Don't you know by now I'm a survivor, survivor.

You ain't seen the likes of me
I burn my down and I rise up relentlessly
I have been knocked out and have been kicked into the curb
Have been left for death and so for what is might be worth

Don't you wander
if you can't depend on me
'cause I am surer than any bet you see
I come out stronger and I come out wiser
Don't you know by now I'm a survivor.

Well, you can't shake a strong faith
nothing in the world can't take away the faith I got in me.


Don't you wander
if you can't depend on me
'cause I am surer than any bet I bet you see
I come out stronger and I come out wiser
Don't you know by now I'm a survivor, I'm a survivor

So don't count me out just yet
That's never been a good bet.

Survivor is a demo. The recordingdate is unknown to me but it is before nov. 2008 since that is the first time this song was posted on YouTube. Keith Urban sings it and plays the guitar and therefore I assume he wrote it but I'm not sure about this last fact. One thing I do know: I love it.

So let's hear it.




Hope this will give you a fabulous start of your week. Happy Monday!


Elizabeth

3 comments:

Zuzana said...

Good morning dear and happy to know that you are doing better, despite the fact that such disease takes a while to get rid off.
Am home today myself.;)
Thank you for that great tune, happy Monday to you too.,))
xoxo

Mary said...

Hope that you are soon feeling much better E

x

Anneli/Bockfilz said...

Great song - and I think those lyrics are well applicable on you to, dear Elizabeth!