Monday, November 7, 2011

Monday's music

Since I like this serie of Monday's music you get another episode served today. Now despite the fact that I am already for a zillion years totally nuts about guitars in songs, this wasn't always the case. Like everyone else I went through different fases in my life with different music to accompany me. Today I take you back to my early teenage years. Back to the days were the words cd or internet had not entered my dictionary, let alone satisfy my cravings for music. So I collected lp's from my favorite band  the Bee Gees. Movies like Staying Alive and Grease got me started but very soon I found a much better lp from them. It is called Bee Gees 1st, released in 1967 and the song I selected is called I can't see nobody, which was just an albumtrack.



And although I nowadays only hear the Bee Gees so now and again on the radio, the lyrics are still coming out of my mouth as if I heard the song yesterday. (My boys look in amazement whenever they witness such an event!)

What kind of music kept you company during your teenage years?

Elizabeth

3 comments:

Haddock said...

They were a real craze when Saturday Night Fever was released.

lheurebleue said...

jeugdsentiment ...

karen said...

Oh yes, I remember the Bee Gees well and still love them just as much.....for me however my main love was Motown. It arrived a few years before me but heard it a lot from older relatives and always adored it.