Tuesday, November 8, 2011

By co-incidence

Last satuday the weather was just perfect to be outside. Unfortunately a sick little boy made it impossible to go anywhere and therefore I decided to work in the garden. You know, battling with the autumn leafs and making another attempt to get some control of the weeds in the garden. After a few hours I was ready to do something different but I didn't want to go inside just yet.



Luckily I remembered some piece of driftwood laying under the carport. Right there and than I decided to make my moment of total clarity-symbol and used more or less the same technique as I did with the frame for the Magnificent windows. Making it took just a few minutes but ofcourse I wanted to make a picture of it. For me this means walking around to find the best spot. Tried all kinds of backgrounds with plants, on the grass, with large piece of driftwood, etc.. At some point I walked over to the hazelnut-trees with the small stones under them. There I took the picture above. It felt like an ok picture but it didn't excite me.




At that moment I noticed a stack of stones laying in the same area. Looked at the stones and noticed this large grey stone with its two orange lines. Put my symbol on top of the stone and it fitted perfectly. Two lines, two people, meeting or having a conversation which is giving them a moment of total clarity. Now the picture had meaning for me, now it felt perfect.



All that time I had been walking with a large piece of driftwood around because I thought/felt that had to be in the picture. Since I made my perfect picture without it, I took the piece back to its place on the terrace. While putting down this  gorgeous piece of wood I saw a spider sitting quietly.  Now maybe some of you will remember that a cute spider also crawled on Soul Food. It is therefore that a smile appeared on my face since the spider always tells the beautiful story of creating.

A perfect end for another saturday in the garden.

Elizabeth

5 comments:

Anneli/Bockfilz said...

Hi spider mama, telling a beautiful story of creating!

I love the way you describe yourself walking around in the garden in order to find the perfect place for a photo - I'm doing these 'walks' myself too, but I almost always end up at one of my old wooden tables in the end ... but then again I'm not such a gifted photographer like you are!

lheurebleue said...

als je goed kijkt is er zoveel te zien ...
en stenen, wat zijn stenen toch mooi! 3 weken lang heb ik verrukt naar stenen lopen staren op ons Geheim Eiland ...

Haddock said...

Observing the minute things in life is the best gift one can have.
It is then only we realise what others are missing.

Zuzana said...

My dear Elizabeth, this is beautiful and I love the sentiment. Sometimes two people make that connection that is fleeting, but deep within everlasting. As after all, when something is real, it never disappears...
xoxo

karen said...

I loved your 'playing' outside!! Not sure about the spider though.....hope your sick little boy is now well.