Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Making one to see III



But by the time you get there and you get home, it winds up being a lot of time out. So I'm getting the itch to build, I know that. I keep looking at my stacks of wood and what I can do with it.
Guy Clark
While being on my walkabout I reminisced about the material wood, memories were and still coming back to me since I'm still working on this project. It might be strange but for some reason I consider stones like libraries and wood as the nurturer of mother nature.
Some time ago I found a small piece of driftwood at the beach which felt perfect as a symbolic base for lives to start on, the knitted parts the roads of life and the four small wooden beads on each road stand for the four directions of the wind. It is a meditative piece and while photographing it the wind made the two roads touch each other, which made perfect sense to me. It made me see that life is all about touch and being touched, a smile appeared in my heart and on my face.

Have a lovely day with a smile on your face.

Elizabeth

3 comments:

Zuzana said...

Very pretty my dear friend, looks like long braids of hair to me;))
And yes, there is so much in a human touch.;))
Have a lovely day dear Elizabeth,
xoxo

karen said...

love these....so delicate...

Anneli/Bockfilz said...

Lovely symbols and nice idea to hang them out in the woods!

Will you let them remain there, or do you take them with you again?