Friday, September 9, 2011

Just because

My last post is already five months old, time is going so fast when one is on a walkabout. It was marvellous and I can recommand it to anyone. Now it time to hear your voices again and share with you the wonderful things life brings to my table.

The title of this post is Just because. While I was wandering around I made a lot of pictures and one of the new things I learned is how to make video. The embroidery installation consist of 6 pieces, a combination of textile paintings and a clothposter, words combined with symbolism, from running stitches to bayeux stitches but purple is taking the lead. Curious?



What do you think? Is it easier this way to understand the story I'm telling or would you rather just have pictures? You can share your thoughts and ideas here or on my youtube channel. Thanks.

Enjoy your weekend.

Elizabeth

11 comments:

Anneli/Bockfilz said...

Welcome back, dear friend!

I've missed your postings so much, and I am so very happy to see you back now!

And I'm very much impressed with your new video skills - wow! One can sure tell that you had a lot of fun doing this, and it is a new and interesting way of presenting textile work!

Still I would appreciate to have 'normal' pictures too - which are 'zoomable' - especially for new workpieces, of course - this would allow us to see details better.

Anyway, you're back - and I'm happy!

lheurebleue said...

je bent terug!
ik hoop dat je bezinningsperiode je rijker heeft gemaakt.
mooie video die benieuwd maakt naar je nieuwe werk ...

karen said...

I am so happy to have you back, like a long lost friend!!! I love and adore your video of surface and stitch. It is contemporary, so 'now', so urban. Wonderful my friend!

julochka said...

welcome back!! what a fresh new way to present your work...i love the juxtaposition of the old rusty things and your delicate stitches. it's something that warrants watching several times.

glad you're back, i missed you and felt out of touch with you!

xox,
/j

Maggi said...

Glad you are back and what a way to arrive. The video is excellent and such an effective way to showcase the pieces.

rosaria said...

Thanks for sending me an updated invitation. The video tells a great story.

Elizabeth said...

It is good to be back and hear from you girls again.

Hope you all are having a great start of your weekend. Enjoy yourself!!!!

Marilyn said...

Welcome back to blogland.
Like the video, very creative. I prefer a mixture of mediums, so a video is nice sometimes and photos another time.

lynda Howells said...

so glad to see you back..l love both..so l don't mind. very impressed with video skills though.Where did you wander to and l hope you have happy memoriesxxlynda

Susan Deborah said...

Glad to see you and that you're back in the loop.

Looking forward to reading your posts and comments.

Joy always,
Susan

Zuzana said...

SO GREAT! So good you are back my dear friend, as you know I have been looking forward to your return.;) And you already knwo how much I love your video making, so welcome back dear big sis,
xoxo