Thursday, September 15, 2011

Changing the landscape, the epilogue of the epilogue

Last year the serie of Changing the landscape started and I have to confess I had no idea I would totally become hooked on the subject. The vikings, the helleristninger and the way history is influenced by it all is the red thread throughout this project. By telling you about a number of documentaries, taking you with me to a Viking weekend and making a large serie of textile paintings with these old rockcarvings we came a little closer to these fierce warriors, skillful craftsmen and talented traders.

But my fascination wasn't satisfied yet and during my walkabout I got the chance to visit a magical place in Sweden. The helleristninger, which you are about to see, were made during the Bronze age but recently painted again. That makes photographing them a lot easier and so I ended up with tons of pictures. Therefore I have for you today a video with footage I made in Sweden combined with the textile paintings I made, despite the fact that I already wrote an epilogue some months ago.





Have a magical day.

Elizabeth

6 comments:

Maggi said...

I got completely drawn into this. The music is also beautiful.

Susan Deborah said...

I loved this video with your work and the paintings. The colours seem so soothing. The pebbles on which the pictures are mounted give a wonderful effect to the pictures.

I wish you magic, delight and passion.

~ Susan

karen said...

Your video is wonderful! and I have one of those little stones next to me as I type.....a good feeling!

lheurebleue said...

fascinerend geheel, die oude rotstekeningen, jouw werk en de muziek ...

Zuzana said...

My dear, trying to catch up on your posts.;) watched this already yesterday but did not manage to comment.;) As you know I think you are by now an expert in video making.;) Beautiful my dear friend.;)
xoxo

Christian Patton said...

Wonderful video Elizabeth ...you have made some beautiful works !!