Thursday, February 24, 2011

Hoops



A small dedication to my hoops today. During the winterholidays we got a fresh load of snow, icy winds and some beautiful sunshine. At one of these moments I saw my hoops laying on my old working table waiting to be picked up again.


I didn't have the time nor the patience to sit down and disappear into my embroidery-bubble, so I took my camera and made some pictures of my loved ones.


Do you also have a favorite place and item to work with?

Have a gorgeous day filled with a knowing smile.

Elizabeth

5 comments:

Zuzana said...

Hoops - what are they for? I love the heart.;)
Favorite item to work with - my laptop and my camera.;)
Have a lovely day too.;)
xoxo

karen said...

well worn and well used hoops, they are the best, so enjoyable to work with as they have history etched into them. I love my hoops too...

jill said...

I also love my hoops but dont use them enough, mine came from family so they are already used which is even better

Anneli/Bockfilz said...

It's funny with loops - every time I start an embroidery, I put the loop on - and very soon I get it off again, just can't get used to the stiffness of the fabric ... and having to put the needle in and out so properly.

Even with free hand machine embroidery I prefer doing it without the loop ...

Oh, I've got many favourite tools: two, which I could never do without, are my bone folder (to get sharp edges on paper folds with) and my nöstepinne (which is actually just a bit of a round stick) ... but the needle threader, my KnitPro set and my spinning wheel are highly cherished and frequently used too!

spudballoo said...

What super photos! I particularly like the bottom one, the grain of the table sits so well with the hoop and the screws. Lovely xx