Thursday, January 13, 2011

Courtship, for the love of it



A new project is slowly unfolding. The start happend to be an email of ms. Julie with the question if I considered to enter this exhibition. My first reaction was no. That is more or less my standard reaction after reading all the rules that need to be followed. Rules and me with regard to my creative work don't mix too well together. But somehow a seed was planted and a fortnight later I dreamt that courtship was a kind of play. The fact that I heard the word courtship in my dream was fascinating to me since it is more or less an old-fashioned word and not one I normally use. Since that day I have been reading old loveletters, poems, stories of courting rituals and the symbols. About strenght, vulnerability, sincerity and integrity, about the not knowing but hoping, about a recent medical discovery that the brain is partly stops working when one falls in love. As you probably know just reading doesn't get me anywhere and therefore I started a creative project with the name Courtship, for the love of it.




The two pictures you see are two collages I made in which the ice melts away around the heart and the vulnerable, coral heart is to be seen. A start is made, let's see were this road will take us.

Enjoy the smile of a stranger passing by.

Elizabeth

3 comments:

Zuzana said...

I LOVE THIS! Thank you Julie for planting the seed...
This collage is by far the most beautiful one you have ever shared here. I am so excited! I really enjoyed this and I find great significance in this post...
xoxo

julochka said...

oh, i'm so glad i planted the seed and so excited to see where it will take you...all the way to that competition, i hope!

karen said...

this is wonderful Elizabeth, so beautiful. Can't wait to see where else you go with this x