Monday, January 24, 2011

Courtship, for the love of it VII


While I travelled around blogosphere searching for interesting courting rituals I saw the story of the oathing stone. An celtic oathing stone is a commitment ceremony. An oath or pledge was made while holding or touching the oath stone near water.

To symbolize this story I made a piece of purple felt which I crocheted around a stone. The felt- and the crochet-part each symbolize a person and they both are holding the stone which I found at my last trip to the beach.

Have a beautiful monday with a butterfly smile.

Elizabeth

3 comments:

Zuzana said...

I love this - at first I thought the crochet symbolized the water (blue with white foam);)
Have a wonderful Monday, even though here it is a foggy morning.;)
xoxo

karen said...

beautiful ritual, thanks for sharing.

Anneli/Bockfilz said...

Oh, I like this stone of yours very much, Elizabeth! An interesting symbol and a beautiful object!