Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Courtship, for the love of it III


To Katie Dix handkerchiefs are our personal historybook. In the story of Shakespeare about Othello and Desdemona the handkerchief is a symbol love and marital fidelity. And I wanted to incorporate the symbols of hope, faith, love and my symbol of the start of a relationship.



The top of the handkerchief is made from the piece of silk I got from Karen, embroidered with silk thread and backed with white cotton. A silk hanky with its own story of friendship, love and life.

Have a lovely day and share a sweet smile.

Elizabeth

2 comments:

Zuzana said...

Ah, that is very romantic...
I see the hope symbol, as well as the love and faith.
But what is the fourth symbol suppose to mean - two half rings?;)
Have a very smiley day yourself dear Elizabeth,
xoxo

karen said...

a lovely use of the silk Elizabeth...and I agree with Zuzana, very, very romantic.