Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Changing the landscape XVII



Today a picture for you of all the textile paintings made in the series Changing the landscape. Although some ideas are still hanging around I decided to stop with this project and move on. Before I do that I want to make a list of things I learned. I learned:

  • that sailing isn't so bad
  • having friends is a very good thing
  • that a life is built around a beliefsystem which can be altered by the strangest co-incidences
  • that the bayeux-stitch is a lot fun and very beautiful
  • that a project needs a red thread, which was helleristninger but in retrospect 7 different background colors wasn't the smartest thing to do.
  • that it is good to have a local library with a lot of historybooks
Time to say goodbye to Changing the landscape. I hope you enjoyed yourself and don't worry I already started a new serie.

Have a fantastic day with a joyous smile.

Elizabeth

4 comments:

Anneli/Bockfilz said...

This is quite an impressive collection, Elizabeth, and I have many favourites among them!

I like very much how you draw a conclusion on what you've learned during this project!

And of course I'm very curious and interested in what you're up to next!

julochka said...

i love your lessons.

Zuzana said...

It is lovely to see them all collected and I love your summary of lessons learned, I hear you.;))
Have a great day, snow is coming later so stay warm.;)
xoxo

karen said...

fantastic collection for history, knowledge, inspiration and purely for leaving your mark. Good luck on your next adventure.