Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Needlebinding anyone

This little string is my first project in needlebinding with the Oslo-stitch. Took some time but I managed.  My plan is to make a background for a textile painting in the series Changing the landscape.

When you read the title you probably already guessed I am in need of some help because so far all the instructions I found on the net are to make a hat, sock or a woolen glove. In other words you work in a circle. That is not what I want. I want to create a piece of cloth. So if you happen to be an expert in needlebinding and you know how I can tackle this problem, please let me know. Meanwhile I keep experimenting to get it the way I want it.  Let's hope with more success that the picture above is showing.

Have a fantastic day while experimenting.

Elizabeth

5 comments:

Zuzana said...

Oh, I wish I could help you, but I know very little about needlebinding.;)
Love the colour combination though.;))
Happy December dear Elizabeth and keep warm as we prepare for yet another snowstorm, I guess this time you are getting hit hardest...
xoxo

deanna7trees said...

very interesting. have you seen this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMB26qMbRxs

Anneli/Bockfilz said...

Sorry, dear Elizabeth, I have no idea at all how to do needlebinding!

(And at the moment, I am constantly showeling snow from my driveway, almost all around the clock - and driving up and down the hill to collect the kids (mine and others) - always praying we will get there and return safe again ... I hate driving through this white chaos!)

Sara Lechner said...

is this perhaps some help? she has a couple of videos about it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owCQJu4zVFE&feature=related

Fanny said...

Hi there!
I love needlebinding, it's a wonderful technique! (I discuss it quite a lot in my blog as well, at www.agiscraft.blogspot.com) It's a bit tricky to explain it here, but no you don't have to needlebind around and around in a circle. Basically you can just switch direction, similar to when knitting or crochét. You should do some experimenting! =) Good luck!