Monday, November 15, 2010

Maps of Longing


Today I start a new small serie within the Changing the landscape-project. This small serie is called Maps of Longing and consist three textile paintings. Now as you can probably can see the backgrounds are made of deep purple wool. To make this post a little more interesting I will give you a link to a very interesting documentary on Vikings which perfectly fits within the meaning of this serie. The documentary consists of four parts and this is the link to part one.

Have a great start of your week.

Elizabeth



Elizabeth

3 comments:

Zuzana said...

I am looking forward to a new project dear Elizabeth.;) I love the purple colour.;)
Here a gorgeous morning is starting a new week, I hope you will have a great Monday,
xoxo

karen said...

I can imagine that embroidery on such a beautiful background will look stunning. Your silk is on its way!!

Anneli/Bockfilz said...

Hej Elizabeth, I'm just back again after having been watching all four (couldn't resist :-)) episodes of your Viking link! Thank you - that was really interesting and well produced!
And now I'm even more curious to see what you're up to on those beautiful blue settings ...!