Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Maps of Longing III



Today I want to show you one of the textile paintings in this serie I'm still working on. I'm totally excited about this one because it will be filled up with the Bayeux-stitch. Never used this stitch before and it is giving me some challenges but I will get there.




Since this is a small serie on larger panels than I normally use I decided to sign this serie. In the photo above you can see how I did that. Used this technique before in the piece for Tony.

Last night Anneli posted the most beautiful, original piece I have ever seen, it is a viking helmet and if you are at Bockfilz look at her beautiful embroidered a helleristning.Two girls in love with Vikings, what can I say.

Have a day filled with inspiration.
Elizabeth



4 comments:

Mary said...

For me the title of this series is in itself so beautiful .."maps of Longing"

It is exquisite...

Zuzana said...

I like the fact that you are in love with the Vikings.;) I feel they are so misunderstood by most people. I am so happy you bring them into focus here.;)
Have a lovely day dear Elizabeth,
xoxo

karen said...

I really like this one, it flows so well. Vikings?? Adventerous and brave I think, pioneers of their time.

Anneli/Bockfilz said...

Ah, this is a great 'wreath' for working with the Bayeux stitch - I'm so curious how it will turn out, Elizabeth! (Though I'm sure it will be splendid, as everything you do!)

I've done another small embroidery on the Celtic theme and hope for good light to make a photo tomorrow - but I am very far from your accuracy and finesse ...