Monday, October 4, 2010

Inspiration for holding your hook



Since my crochet-stones are so loved I thought to write a post about the inspiration I found on the net that helped me to start this part of my project Changing the landscape. The picture above is one piece of Joana Vasconcelos. When you enter her site you first have to choose a language and than the button work. The door to a whole new universe will be opened.




Deborah Valoma is a wonderful artist who shares my interest in textiles and history.



Margaret Oomen is very well-known for her crochet-stones and she lives in the blogosphere at the place called Resurrection fern.

Have a day filled with inspiration.

Elizabeth

3 comments:

Zuzana said...

Oh, that is beautiful! Those look like delicate cobwebs covering the stones...
Looking forward to your next project, sounds really exciting.;)
Have a lovely Monday dear Elizabeth,
xoxo

Anneli/Bockfilz said...

Oh wow, didn't know Joana Vasconcelos until now - to me, she looks a bit of a Niki de Saint-Phalle of the 21th century ... I enjoy the sculptural work with textile elements a lot, too. Thank you for linking this up, Elizabeth!

Pursuing Art... said...

Wow. . .

Joana's pieces are truly amazing...incredible!

Deborah's pieces are lovely and they are all so full of woven texture! Definite spider-web crochet to her stones.

Margaret's pieces are beautiful and so meticulously detailed!

It was so fun to see their work and I'm glad that you shared.
XOXO ~Lisa