Thursday, October 14, 2010

Another basket, another pattern, another stone


Today I have an another basket filled with three crocheted stones for you. Together with these stones, my needle and yarn I learned some new techniques.


Normally I only show you the front since that is the main feature but today I also photographed the back. The back is sometimes more challenging because one really has to follow the curves of the stone to make things work. That is giving a challenge from time to time. Like the one in the middle. I wanted to do the front like it is but than I had to find a stone and make it work. Well this is what I came up with and just solving these little problems make it all worth it.

Hope you are having a wonderful day in which you enjoy solving your own creative challenges.

Elizabeth



7 comments:

Zuzana said...

This is so beuatiful. I do no know how to crochet, but I can only assume that making such small beuatiful artworks is not easy at all.:)
have a lovely day dear Elizabeth,
xo

Laruchka said...

These are gorgeous powerful little objects. I really want to pick them up! I made something similar with twigs once. How big are your stones?

karen said...

I love your strones so much.....and the one with the back showing is so appealing.

Robyn said...

I love these... they're really beautiful.

best wishes
Robyn

spudballoo said...

Oh you CLEVER thing! I so want to learn how to do this, but my crochet isn't up to it. I can only follow a pattern, I don't really understand the struture of it enough to crochet stone covers. YET! xx

Anneli/Bockfilz said...

The stones look very nice multicoloured as well!

Yes, I know that the backside is not that easy to do neatly - I once tried covering a stone with an old piece of lace, and due to the roundness of the stone, it was a bit tricky!

julochka said...

you must start selling these...on big cartel or etsy or somewhere...you really must.