Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Bird of love and hope


Some months ago I found some very old history books with all kinds of pictures in it. Took the books home and had some delightful afternoons gazing at the old craftmanship. Some of you might remember this painting which I made for Anneli and since that is one of my favorites I decided to make another one in the same style.



I just finished the embroidery and I still have to buy the background and knit a cover for it but I love my bird so much that I wanted to share it with you today. As you can see I only took part of the original drawing and made up my own circle with runes.


A detailpicture so you can really see my new, beautiful bird. The painting of Anneli  is made on wool, this one is made on linen with linen thread which gives it a different feeling. Hope you like my bird of love and hope.

Have a beautiful day.

Elizabeth

2 comments:

Zuzana said...

I love how the runes turned out, even though I like the bird too. It looks so magical and mystical.;)
Hope you have another great sunshine day my dear Elizabeth,
xoxo

julochka said...

it's a lovely bird, but i do wonder what your runes say...