Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Lychee tree class 101


In June last year I gave the last update on my lychee-tree. With a sigh of relief I can assure you that my little miracle is doing fine although we had a rough period. Some evidence is still visible, the little one was growing slowing but each new leaf went brown which worried me. Talked to Lisa about it and she suggested to give the little tree a new home which I did but the problem wasn't cured.

Luckily I had to go on vacation to Norway during a very warm period. When I got home the little bugger had grown about 2 centimeters and had only green leafs. The soil was very dry and while I was watering him I realized that I probably give him too much water. He is just in need of very little water and a lot of sunshine. So he is on a water restriction-diet and hopefully the brown leafs are history now.

In case you grow or plan to grow a lychee tree this mystery of is revealed.

Have a lovely day.

Elizabeth

1 comment:

Pursuing Art... said...

Now I'm back again...I just realized that I missed a couple posts!

I am so excited to see that the lychee tree is happy now! The new growth looks great and healthy. Happy to hear about the water...I didn't think about over watering...it can be a problem. That is wonderful that being on vacation gave you the answer you needed! :)