Tuesday, July 6, 2010

A random act of kindness

Last week I visited Necessary room of Se'Lah. Se'Lah is a talented lady and she organizes all kinds of get togethers. This time she asked us to participate into the celebration of the birthday of the Dalai Lama by a random act of kindness today. That is something I love to do.




My act of kindness today was saying hello to everybody who I met on the street, a project I have been doing already for some time. Furthermore I cleared away a a pile of large cardboardboxes with merchandise which had fallen down in the groceryshop. I put the merchandise, which was lying all over the floor, back in the cardboardboxes.  When I had paid my own groceries, I told the shopassistant about the accident, which wasn't caused by me and asked if she could secure the pile better so no accidents would happen again.These kind of actions on my part happen frequently because I dislike the Oh that is not my problem- attitude.
Ofcourse I had also an act of kindness towards our kids at home. Since it is their summerholiday they were alllowed to stay in their pj's all day, they love that.
My last act was on the internet. I just commeted more than I use to do because I know how important it is to get some reponse on a post.

These were my acts of kindness today and tomorrow I get a new chance of acting kindly. Thank you Se'Lah for the invitation to participate and for your kind comment on my blog today.

Hope everybody has a lovely evening.

Elizabeth

8 comments:

Amelia said...

I keep coming across this random acts of kindness, and think maybe it's my turn :0

I too feel that I need to do some random acts of kindness toward my own children. I work so hard to earn a living that sometimes I feel I don't have as much time for them as I would like. Thanks for the reminder and the visits/comments to my blog as always, so appreciated :)

Amelia.x

Pursuing Art... said...

We all should practice random acts of kindness...it is a cup from which we all want to drink from. Can you imagine if we all did it everyday...what a world it would be?!

Just like you to spread goodwill...you have such a heart!

Treasure yourself...XOXO

Mary said...

Such a lovely idea.

And I adore letting the kids stay in their pjs all day - we are on holidays too at the moment and almost every day is pyjama day!

Gayle said...

Thank you, I hope you are having a lovely evening, too! Thank you for visiting my blog. You are so right, getting comments on a post always makes me smile!

elizabeth said...

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I do appreciate it.

Kindness is such a sweet sweet thing.

SE'LAH... said...

Definitely a sweet spot here. It's a great reminder to direct some of those random acts of kindness to our children. So inspiring. Thanks so much for participating. one love.

SE'LAH... said...

Definitely a sweet spot here. It's a great reminder to direct some of those random acts of kindness to our children. So inspiring. Thanks so much for participating. one love.

Birdie said...

Elizabeth, thank you for stopping by at my blog, that was a nice surprise :-) Have a lovely day and these sculptures are amazing!