Monday, July 12, 2010

The other day


The other day I had a talk with Anneli about ways to re-use materials and our search for new ideas. That conversation stirred things up for me. So while I was making dinner, I also cut up a plastic bag in strips. Found a hook, which was on a walkabout in the kitchen windowsill, I made this little piece. 


As you can see in the first picture I used a bag made of very thing plastic. The thicker the plastic the more sturdy the result.


This technique could be useful if you wanted to make your own bathroom-baskets or baskets in general. Each time the basket will get its own personality, depending on the plastic bag you cut in strips.

Well, hope I got you started to think of your own recycling project. If you have an idea, please let me know because sharing ideas to stop the waste of materials is good for all of us.

Have a lovely day.

Elizabeth

1 comment:

Anneli/Bockfilz said...

You are just wonderful, Elizabeth! I think your crocheted plastic - the first picture - does look a bit like a fish! But please don't eat it - that would not be the best idea of recycling ... ;-)!