Friday, July 2, 2010

Magnificent windows VII



Art is the window to man's soul. 
Without it, he would never be able to see beyond his immediate world; 
nor could the world see the man within. 
Lady Bird Johnson 


More photographs of this place you can see here.

                                                  Photographes made by B.G. Adams


Some of you already know that I love to write little stories with songtitles. Since this project is also about music I wrote one for the occasion.

Slowly I crossed the bridge over troubled water and ended the war. The words of suspicious minds did sent me on a journey of how do you mend a broken heart. I travelled the country roads, saw the smoke on the water of the river, met the city blues on several occasions. Always willing to try to look outside my window. My ballad of youth made me see that I choose love and I don't give up, the clock says:'Tick tock' but everything I do, I do it straight from my heart. While the angels of twilight walk on by I feel like dancing in the street. I am just like you and an open road with good times lies ahead. We maybe we are living on a prayer but we enjoy this side of paradise, the paradise by the dashboard light




For now this is the last post in this series. I want to thank all the writers, the musicians and the photographers for their contribution to this project. I want to thank you for stopping by at Landanna. But most of all I want to thank the person who filmed the seconds from 0.26 til 0.30 in this documentary. These seconds were the pebblestone for this project.


Have a fabulous weekend.

Elizabeth

1 comment:

Pursuing Art... said...

Magnificent windows alright...magnificent warehouse! I love the quote by Lady Bird Johnson and I adore the the story you wrote with the songtitles. Beautiful words and songs!!!

I thank you and the person that shared those seconds of the film, so that you could share your art and this series with us.

"Music speaks what cannot be expressed, soothes the mind and gives it rest, heals the heart and makes it whole, flows from heaven to the soul." ~Unknown XOXO