Thursday, July 1, 2010

Magnificent windows VI

Your assumptions are your windows on the world. 
Scrub them off every once in a while, or the light won't come in. 
Alan Alda



The journey of magnificent windows is slowing coming to an end.





Magnificent windows is as much about windows and their meaning as it is about music. This drawing in thread is not a random place, it is The Warehouse music-studio in Vancouver, Canada. The word warehouse means a place for storage of goods. This warehouse is a music-studio, a storage place of music.

Let me tell you about all the little messages this pieces has for me. I used an outline stitch to symbolize all the layers of this project because it feels like stitching layer on layer. The thread itselfs symbolizes friendship. I got this beautiful cotton thread from Anneli, one of my dear blogfriends. Everyone needs a friend especially when one is on the road.

How musicians look through their window is what they are telling us about. Time after time the topic of the lyrics might be the same but the way a performing artist expresses herself/himself gives the angle, her or his point of view.

Magnificent windows is embroidered on flanel because flanel is warm, absorbent and it gives me a feeling of being home. Maybe that is why it has been so popular with musicians.

The drifwood frame symbolizes artists on the road, drifting from one place to the next.The pictures of magnificent windows I took outside on the terrace because that way I could symbolize the different roads travelled through the wooden planks.

Decided that this is my tribute to all the musicians who sang so softly in my ear or shouted their song at the top of their lungs to me. No thank you will ever express my feelings. My gratitude for their company while travelling through life is engraved in my soul.



We can never see reality because reality is the sum of experiences articulated in words. 



Have a day filled with all your love.

Elizabeth


4 comments:

SE'LAH... said...

magnificent indeed...i love the way the drift wood frames the window.

hope you are having a fabulous summer. one love, my friend.

karen said...

windows are amazing, to look in to or to look out of, both very different views. thankyou so much for the translation too!!x

spudballoo said...

Gosh this is truly wonderful!! You're so thoughtful and clever xxx

Pursuing Art... said...

Magnificent Windows...Magnificent post...Magnificent YOU!!!

It turned out so beautiful, Elizabeth, and I knew that frame was waiting for you. I love the driftwood and what it symbolizes...it is really lovely!! This journey has been a favorite of mine...right up there with Soul Food!

I hope your dreams take you to the corners of your smiles, to the highest of hopes, to the windows of your opportunities, and to the most special places your heart has ever known. XOXO ~Lisa