Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The promise I made IV

We arrived at the old church.




Old danisch churches are white and most of the time placed on a hill.





Old windows.





A small door for the priest to come in.


This is the view you get when you don't look at the door.


An old detail from another door.


A modern detail.


The bell tower.


In the distance you can see the water tower and you can see that we stand on a hill.

The church was closed so I don't have any pictures of the inside but when we leave this place and look to the left we see this.


Tomorrow there will be detail pictures of different houses we passed while biking through the old part of the city.

Have a lovely day.

Elizabeth

6 comments:

Zuzana said...

Absolutely gorgeous pictures Elizabeth, what a lovely walk.;) I love Danish churches and they way they are white washed, it looks so good in contrast to the green landscape, yellow rape fields and that incredibly blue Scandinavian sky.
Yes, I am busy with work this week, but it should slow down in a day or two and I will be back blogging.
I still want to visit you though as my visits here now signifies my mornings.;) The coffee just would not taste the same.;))
Have a great day dear Elizabeth, here it is sunny and warm, welcome June!
xoxo

Mary said...

The circular window and the priest's door are gorgeous - and the age of the church!!! 1700 !

We were still 80 years off being settled then!

Anneli/Bockfilz said...

Oh, I like the circular window a lot! It's a bit like a 'bull's eye' on a ship, isn't it?

Anneli/Bockfilz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
B said...

Ah, I see you've started a new and exciting project, of course, you're always full of ideas! Looking forward to seeing where the windows take us!

Pursuing Art... said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!! And, built in 1700!!!...amazing! The windows are so pretty and that bell...such beautiful history there! I'm so glad you are sharing your world with us. XOX