Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Magnificent windows IV

Windows


Across the headlands
The forest masses
Under gray skies
And mist
Into a solid wall
Of muted gray
Through which cars
Glide skirting noiselessly
The rocky edge.
Through a window
I watch, windows are
For watching -
Square pieces of life
Ever changing.

by Donovan Holtz 

Some of you already noticed that lately I am obsessed with windows again. Showed you all kinds of windows in my town. The unknown embroiderist with her most fantastic windows and the shell.  A few special windows of the church. The posts on magnificent windows and ofcourse the start of this period with the post written Out of total excitment.




Looking back my window journey started years ago when I bought some cards. One of them was this card in the picture.This card is my card of hope, each time life serves me an unexpected obstacle I return to this statement and try to see things through a different window. Trying to recognize the different layers of the obstacle.





My ponderings so far. The eye is the window of the soul and music is one of the ornaments in my windowsill. A prison has windows with bars, an isolationcell has no windows at all, you are punished by the fact that you no longer are allowed to experience the outside world.  Windows in a plane, a boat or a restaurant are often a favorite place for people. Old people love to sit by the window and greet the people on the street.
A window is an opening, the energy passes our curtains and the windowsill with our special ornaments. The curtains and the ornaments are the experiences life gave us, they are the filter on what we 'see' and how we perceive life.

To conclude for today I have a song of Milow for you called The bed next to the window.

Have a fabulous day.

Elizabeth

2 comments:

Zuzana said...

What a great post! I LOVED it, these sentiments are so simple yet so profound. You are right about windows.
In fact, my living room window is a constant source of magic for me. My views at all times sooth my soul and i love to watch the sunsets. In fact, when I look at houses, I always look out of their windows or at their windows; this is how I judge a house. How does it make me feel, when I gaze out of the windows? If i am in a hotel room the first thing i do it to go out on the balcony or look out of the window; it does not only give me my orientation, but it also gives me the overall feeling of the place.
I LOVE that card, now that is a true window with a view, it has so much unrestricted feeling to it.

My last comment for a while dear fiend but hopefully we get to talk very soon, for hours.;))
Have a great week,
xoxo

Pursuing Art... said...

I love the thoughts and reflections of your window journey. And your card of hope is a fantastic statement to remind you to see things through a different window...in a different way.

Thank you for sharing and sharing Milo's song too! XOX