Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Learning curve


Mastering a skill means repetition with the heart. If your heart isn't in it while you try to learn a new skill it becomes a struggle. Learning something new for me is like being a kid again, starting all over again. My journals over the years show my need to learn something new. The nervousness, the anxiety of being good enough, to be taken by the hand and  to hear the words it's gonna be allright is my reward for feeding my need to learn.

Blogging has been and still is a skill which I am trying to master and each day I find comments and mails to encourage me to move forward, to learn some more. Thank you for all your encouragements, your links, your suggestions but most of all your appreciation for my work.

Have a fantastic day,

Elizabeth

4 comments:

Zuzana said...

I love the idea of learning something new and trying something new no matter the age.
Even though I would be reluctant to go to a institution to do so (school, course), I love my own freedom to try out something new. I agree with you on blogging, it is the most creative outlet for me right now.
Have a lovely day dear Elizabeth, another warm one full with sunshine - I think you are right, summer is finally here.;)
xoxo

beth said...

According to Malcolm Gladwell it takes 10,000 hours to master anything, although 10,000 hours of art sounds like bliss to me...
Beth

Anneli/Bockfilz said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtIEeVbHJkM

Thank you for being and sharing what you are and what you learn, dear Elizabeth.
Reading your blog fills my heart with joy!

Pursuing Art... said...

I am still living and learning too! It is so important to keep learning...if I didn't want to learn anymore...it would be a sad day!

I am so happy that you are still learning...keep moving forward...you have so much to share with this world!!! XOX