Thursday, June 3, 2010

A hommage to an unknown embroiderist

Last weekend Anneli of Bockfilz was so kind to sent me these pictures as a source of inspiration on my journey with windows.

The design is identical, the colours are giving an extra feel of being alive.


Astonishing windows



These embroideries are shown in a vintage book (1979) written by Lynnette de Denne called Creative Needlecraft. They are so beautiful designed and stitched that I wanted to learn more about them. Unfortunately my journey through Google-land wasn't succesful. So this is an hommage to an embroiderist who's name is unknown but her work is treasured.


Have a lovely day.


Elizabeth

4 comments:

Zuzana said...

That is stunning, what a great gift. And a lovely attention too.;)
I hope you will have a great Thursday dear Elizabeth, it is sunny and warm again.;))
xoxo

karen said...

I have heard of her, it must have been at university. I am going to investigate for you!! Hope you are well. x

julochka said...

these are fantastic!! just gorgeous embroidery! i'm really looking forward to what you're going to do with the windows theme.

Pursuing Art... said...

These are just beautiful...what a treat to see them!!!