Tuesday, May 4, 2010

A special gift

Did you look at the photoserie of Robert Rausch which I recommended last friday and yesterday. I hope you have because than you would have seen a fantastic house built by Butch Anthony himself. Yesterday the place was called 'definitely magical' by Zuzana and I have to agree.  So if you haven`t seen the latest dreamhouse, click here.

Now today I want to show you this special gift I made for Jim Houser. You probably know that Jim's work inspired me to make Cool Blues and Soul Food. Jim is the man who awakened my love for symbols for which I am very grateful. If you have never seen the artwork of Jim than please click here and scroll a little bit down.so you can see his latest work. If you want to read a little bit about him or see older artwork click here

For a long time I have been thinking of a way to thank him. I came up with the idea to make a textile painting of one of his symbols.

This is the back.


This is the front.

Now I want your most honest opinion. Is this a good idea?  Would you dare to send this to a man, which you don't know but I admire for his work? Looking forward to hear from you.

Have a lovely day filled with your gratitude.

Elizabeth

3 comments:

Zuzana said...

I think it is a very good idea! I think it should be very flattering for him to receive such an acknowledgement in a form of hand made gift. I think if it was me I would appreciate it very much.;)

Thank you so much for the mention and the link.;))) Indeed it is a magical house to say the least.;)

Have a sunny day Elizabeth; here is is sunny but oh so bitterly cold.
xoxo

Anneli/Bockfilz said...

I think it's always a good idea to express admiration and gratefulness to another person if you feel that way. I think we should stick to these human gestures of appreciation and thankfulness and not bother too much, if the receiver is a celebrity or not.

julochka said...

i'm still catching up...yes, definitely SEND IT!!

and that rausch house is indeed magical...it's definitely in the inspiration files. :-)