Monday, May 10, 2010

The right colours

Some of you might remember this painting of one of my sons. Since I liked the way the colours were used I had to try somthing similiar myself.


Some intense red filt was in my drawer but the yellow and orange I had to find. Luckily the fleamarket season has started again. A beautiful soft yellow tablecloth and a bright orange I found just the other day.


Here you can see some pieces which are finished. The orange fabric is giving me painful fingers because it is used to make an awning. Fair is fair, I chose this fabric because of its colour which is perfect.

Time to start stitching again.

Have a lovely day.

Elizabeth

3 comments:

Zuzana said...

Your son is so talented! Honestly, make sure to encourage him (which I am sure you do;), this is incredible... The colours and the shape, he has something there.
How incredible to find inspiration in your children, I like that.;)
Have a lovely day too Elizabeth, a short week this week thankfully.;)
xoxo

Anneli/Bockfilz said...

I'm looking forward to see your stitching again! I do admire the way you focuse on a new project and select the colours so carefully, Elizabeth!
I wish you a warm and lovely day too!

julochka said...

pretty! they look like candy corns!