Thursday, May 20, 2010

Layers in the right colours

Today I want to share with you a finished piece of embroidery. One that tells the story about the meaning of layers and colours.This project started when I saw the painting of my son last december.




The colours, red, orange and yellow, so vibrant  reminded me of a wonderful musician. My mind returned many times to this painting, so I wrote about layers and showed you two pages of my art-journal on that subject. Still I had the feeling of remaking the painting. Finally I found the fabric I needed to make this embroidery piece.




All in all it took me six months to tell the story. A story of colour, red, orange and yellow. The story of passion, of energy, of trust. The story of a man who's music supported me through difficult moments, who helped me to celebrate life, who learned me to believe in miracles. His name is Richard Sambora and if you click here you can hear my all time favorite song.

Have a wonderful day.

Elizabeth

2 comments:

Zuzana said...

That is beautiful! I love the way you took the picture, it magnifies the colours and shapes.;)
To reach the finish line brings always a sense of accomplishment, even though it is often bittersweet.
have a lovely sunny day, and enjoy the heat that has finally arrived.;)
xo

julochka said...

that picture is just a teaser! i want to see the real thing. i might have to come and visit you. as soon as i get rid of this hacking cough...