Friday, April 16, 2010

My shoebox



My shoebox

This is the final post on the shoebox-project which started on the 18th of March. 



Friendship

This flower I didn't make myself but was a gift of friendship from Anneli.



Future

The 47-symbol is taken from Soul Food and I hope that a pencil and a needle with lovely thread will always keep me company.



Present

The butterfly is my symbol for this year.
 Music is whispering in my ear while I create.



Past

The ties of the past were tight but I never gave up my dream.

You probably notice that the colours of Soul Food have slipped in, they just hold so much meaning to me that I couldn't help myself. The pink floor means walking with love, the blue and pink ceiling is the sky and giving myself fresh air. In the little journal beside the bed I made small drawings of Soul Food-symbols.



 
A last look.
This week I finished four projects and I am really happy with the results. I hope you to and that you enjoyed your stay at Landanna. Thank you all for your encouraging comments and mails. Next week I will be working on the book called Philosophy.

Have fantastic weekend with lots of fun.

Elizabeth

6 comments:

Zuzana said...

Wow, a whole world of your own in a shoe box...
I truly enjoy your spiritual and contemplative mindset. I really loved the shoebox project, congratulations on reaching the finish line.
What is next?
Have a lovely - airspace free - Friday.;)
xo

karen said...

Oh I really love this, it's amazing. Have you ever seen the work of Annette Messager, this reminds me of her style. Check her out I'm sure you will be fascinated by her little birds especially.

karen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
karen said...

I deleted that because it published twice!! Where's my brain??

Anneli/Bockfilz said...

I'm impressed by how thoughtful and caring you approach your projects, Elizabeth ... very personal and very special indeed.
And this time I was surprised to find my flower integrated :-)- like a special greeting!
I'll be off to Sara for a week - have a good and sunny weekend!

Candied Fabrics said...

This is so cool!