Monday, March 22, 2010

Exciting news

Very exciting news arrived yesterday. Bee told me about Jean Baggott in a comment. I hear you thinking who is Jean Baggot. Well, she is the lovely lady who made The girl on the Wall. Why am I all excited? Because The girl on the Wall is a lifestory in embroidery, just like Soul Food. Ofcourse the design is totally different but the fact that someone else had the same idea, made the same effort and even wrote a book about it is totally thrilling for me. If you want to know all about Jean and her Girl on the Wall click here. On the site you can also find a video which I found very interesting, click here.





As you can see in the picture above I have more exciting news. After knitting allthrough the weekend as if my life depended on it, I finally can say the knitting for my shoebox project is done. This doesn't mean that the project is finished. No, there is still a lot of work to be done.


Yes, this is a picture of a paper handkerchief. It came to my rescue during the very, very early morninghours on saturday. Without a notebook or piece of paper beside my bed but luckily with a handkerchief and a pen I grabbed the chance to write down the ideas I dreamt about with regard to this project. Maybe one day I learn always to have some paper and pencils my bed. The list is extensive. So time to go to work.

Have a fabulous start of your week and I hope to see you soon.

Elizabeth

2 comments:

Protege said...

I really found your notes interesting. At first I thought they were written in some sort of a code, then I realize it was in Dutch.;)

I am always intrigued to hear how other foreigners work language wise in a new country. Obviously you must be speaking Danish, but I guess that Dutch is your preferred choice.
Oddly enough, to me it is English.;)

Have a lovely day my friend,
xoxo
Zuzana

julochka said...

are you sure you can read what's written on that napkin? it doesn't look like any known language to me. :-) i have a notebook by my bed for that purpose tho', you must get one too!

off to check out jean's work.

happy monday!
xox,
/j