Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Like a leaf in the wind

 


Today I have a page out of art-journal for you which is very special to me. While I was sitting with my chin on my chest for four days a lot of thoughts occupied my mind. Than Edit sent me this little gem and I listened to it over and over again. Here are the lyrics:

Right now I feel - just like a leaf on a breeze
Who knows where it's blowin'
Who knows where it's goin'
I find myself somewhere I - I never thought I'd be
Going round in circles
Thinking about you and me
How do I explain it when I don't know what to say
What do I do now - so much has changed

Nothing I have ever known - has made me feel this way
Nothing I have ever seen - has made me want to stay
but here I am - ready for you
I'm tornin', I'm fallin' - I hear my home callin'
Hey - I've never felt something so strong - oh no
It's like nothing I've ever known

Now you're the one I'm looking for
You're the one I need
You're the one that gives me - a reason to believe
Following a star - has lead to where you are
It feels so strong now - this can't be wrong now

Nothing I have ever known - has made me feel this way
Nothing I have ever seen - has made me want to stay
Here I am - ready for you
I'm tornin', I'm fallin' - I hear my home callin'
Hey - I've never felt something so strong - oh no
It's like nothing I've ever known
It's like nothing I've ever known

Right now I feel - just like a leaf on a breeze
Who knows where it's blowin'
Who knows where I'm goin'

This song inspired me to make this page for I felt like that leaf on a breeze who is on it's way to where she belongs. If you want to listen to the song just click here.

Have a fantastic day inspired by the unexpected.

Elizabeth

4 comments:

Mary said...

So many times I have felt like a leaf on the wind...

Protege said...

Beautiful poem-lyrics from a good friend in need.
Love the drawing!

To me a leaf in the wind represents destiny. It actually means not knowing where I am going at all, but following the flow, trusting that my faith will show the way.

Lovely sentiments as always dear Elizabeth, I love to stop here each morning and get my dose of contemplation before a new day starts.;))

Have a beautiful day!
xoxoxoxoxoxo
Zuzana

Bee said...

It's so satisfying to find a song that really speaks to you.

I guess that we are always leaves in the wind; good that you can embrace that and not be scared of being tossed about!

Pursuing Art... said...

Beautiful song and page in your journal. I'm happy you feel you are on your way to where you belong. Flow just like that leaf in the breeze, you'll end up where you need to be. XO ~me