Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Soul Food (part 74)


Today I have a special symbol for you which I created after reading parts of The divine Matrix of Gregg Braden and an entry of Anthony over at Dwelling here now. The matrix is our beliefsystem, a grid of self-created boundaries, something we all have. I gave my matrix all kinds of colours because not every belief/boundary is as strong as the other.

To be aware of this grid is important to me because it influences my life on a big time scale. Every thought has to cross this system which therefore takes an enormous amount of energy. Each time we have to decide right/wrong, good/bad, etc.. But if I am aware of my own patterns than I can change it and see things in a different light. Than there isn't a right, than there isn't a wrong, than there just is. At that point I just could meet people and communicate with them without my grid. Or like Rumi would say:

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing
there is a field. I'll meet you there.

When the soul lies down in that grass,
the world is too full to talk about.
Ideas, language, even the phrase each other
doesn't make any sense.
- Rumi


Have a wonderful day filled with beauty and not too many storms.

Elizabeth

6 comments:

julochka said...

i love this notion. and i love the different colors you used. it really captures the variability of the grid.

but a wind storm is definitely raging here. trying to avoid it by stoking the fireplace, but the wind is penetrating anyway.

definitely a day for wearing warm sweaters and long underwear and drinking lots of hot tea.

Protege said...

Beautiful pattern and a beautiful sentiment...
Agree with julochka about the terrible storm that is hitting us right now, my chimney is howling and all my flower pots are turned over.
Have a wonderful Wednesday,
xoxo

Anneli/Bockfilz said...

Dear Elizabeth,

I've been away from blogland for a while and have just caught up with your latest postings - I enjoy your pictures, your poetic and philosophical writing - and your music! - a lot, and visiting you at landanna makes me feel warm at heart. Thank you so much for sharing it all, day by day!

(I do hope you're planning a new, very long project when Soul Food is finished ..)

B said...

How interesting! I've never thought of my belief system as a matrix, but thanks to you I'm giving some thought to what it looks like! I love your colours!

karen said...

I really like this grid, in a strange way it sums me up, says everything about me if you know what I mean.

Pursuing Art... said...

I like this matrix and the meaning behind it! I especially like that you made different colors and that it is lighter and darker in different areas!

Wisdom is in that field beyond the knowledge of right and wrong. Sending peace and love...~me