Friday, October 30, 2009

Soul Food (part 71)



Today I want to show you three pieces of embroidery. The first picture shows a clock to remind me that time shouldn't be waisted. The song that goes with it is Tick tock people of the Vaughn brothers with beautiful lyrics of peace and understanding.




The second piece is a symbol to take everything out of life. Life has to offer so much, just have to see it and say:




Before I leave you I want to say thank you all for the wonderful, superduper, fantastic inspiring comments. It makes me so happy to see that you all stick around and watch Soul Food grow. There are only 6 blocks left but I'm taken it really slow now because I'm not ready to finish it, just yet. I want them to be filled with as much meaning and intention as I can find within myself. So I'm reading, writing and listening to music to find that little bit of extra.

Now I have to get to work, so I wish you a fantastic weekend with lots of love and creativity and I'll hope to see you on monday for a new episode of Soul Food.

Elizabeth

5 comments:

julochka said...

i can see why you want to slow down and enjoy the last blocks of the project. i'm certain you'll come up with something wonderful and laden with exactly the right meaning.

i begin to see soul food as a deeply powerful piece of cloth when you're done. full of good magic, of course. (but that could be because i'm reading harry potter).

happy weekend to you!
xox,
/j

tangled stitch said...

This is wonderful. I love your work and your words and your stitchery. A new way to look at life and inspire at the same time.

Pursuing Art... said...

Hi Sweetie...as always, I adore your embroidery and thoughts for this post. I almost said it in my note, but I didn't want to go there. I know it won't be easy to finish Soul Food! You have poured your heart and soul into this piece for so long and it just won't be easy to let go and say you're done. I'm not sure that it will ever be done in some ways! But I know you will deal with these normal feelings and move forward...

I know whatever creative journey is ahead for you will be just as, or more beautiful/special, than all you have shared with Soul Food!

I adore poems, quotes and sayings...and I keep a journal of all those that touch me...

"Time is at once the most valuable and the most perishable of all our possessions" ~John Randolph

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~Mark Twain

and, "Always remember to climb that ladder and find the light burning within to keep you safe while sailing through life!" ~Elizabeth

Sending you much love...see you Monday! XOXO ~Lisa







Adore your embroidery and thoughts for this post.

jude said...

i like these simple embroideries. have a great weekend.

Protege said...

Always such inspiring symbols and such true sentiments.;)
I have just had five beautiful days with time that was not wasted but was way too short...
xoxo
Zuzana