Friday, October 23, 2009

Soul Food (part 66)



This symbol is the web of life. The core is your childhood and we keep building our life on that center. If the center is made with good thick threads, the rest of the web can be made stabile and secure against the wind and rain. On the other hand if the center has it's faults, there is a lack of stability. The spider (you and me) has to keep repairing until the damage has no influence anymore on the strength and stability we need to live our life.



These words I embroidered as an expression of encouragement. Sometimes we are caught in a situation or a memory that haunts us. For me it means, don't run away, keep digging, keep trying until the solution finds me or the damage is repaired.

This is the last post of the week and I received some awesome comments. Thank you for that. It makes me really happy and grateful to read that you somehow benefit from my journey through Landanna.

Have a great weekend filled with lots of joy and miracles.

Elizabeth

6 comments:

tangled stitch said...

I love, love, love the web and the story of the spider. I had a rather unstable childhood myself and it is finally in the last few years where I have found some time to work on it. I guess I'm like the spider. Love the hold on sentiment too. I'm reading a book right now that stresses how we have to feel the itch and the pain before we can conquer it. Have a great weekend!

Protege said...

Beautiful; I love the imagery of a life as a web...
And the likeness to it is so accurate too.:)
Have a lovely weekend.
xoxo

B said...

I love the metaphor of the spider repairing the web, as in repairing our childhood, and those things that we carry with us... Because it implies that we have the power to change them!

karen said...

I love the words you have chosen here, hold on, good advice indeed.

Pursuing Art... said...

Beautiful symbols...

I so understand the web of life and the beauty behind the work. There is beauty in repairing and strengthening our web...we'll just keep on weaving until the damage is repaired. XOXO

julochka said...

did you crochet the spiderweb and then attach it or is it stitched directly on? or some of both. :-) either way, very lovely sentiments behind it, as usual.

xox,
/j